Check Server Status Online
Enter up to 100 URLs (Each URL must be on separate line)
The server status checking tool comes in very handy to identify any possible issues with your website. You can enter up to 100 websites at a time and know the status of each website with just a click of a button if website is down or not. Let’s take a look at various categories of server status codes, what they mean, and know if your website is down or not?
- 200 OK: This is also called the good news. This code denotes that the URL requested was successfully returned by your server. 201 Created This code means the request for a new resource is completed.
- 202 Accepted: The request has been accepted, but the process is pending. 203 Non-Authoritative Information Request completed, but the information returned might be a different resource.
- 204 No Content: The request is successfully completed, but no content is returned.
- 205 Reset Content: The server has processed the request successfully. But there is no return on content, and document view may need a reset.
- 206 Partial Content: The client may have set a range limit, and therefore, only part of the content is returned.
- 300 Multiple Choices: This server status returns a linked list of 5 addresses.
- 301 Moved Permanently: This code signifies that the location of the requested URL has been moved permanently. The new URL should be mentioned in the location field.
- 302 Found: This code means the server has detected that the requested URL has been temporarily moved to another location. Since this redirection is temporary, the given URL can and should be used again to check server status next time.
- 303 See other: The requested page can be found under a different URL.
- 304 Not Modified: Since the last request, the page has not been modified.
- 306 Switch Proxy: Originally, this code meant "Subsequent requests should use the specified proxy.” Not used anymore.
- 307 Temporary Redirect: This server status is similar to 302, since is also a temporary redirect. Just like in 302, you should use the same URL for the next time.
- 308 Resume Incomplete: Current and all future requests should be made using another URL.
4XX: Client Error
- 400 Bad Request: It plainly means that the server could not understand the requested URL. Simply put, it is a syntax error.
- 401 Unauthorized: Your server will not grant access to the content without authorization 402 Payment Required Reserved for Future Use 403 Forbidden The server will not show you the content, regardless of authentication.
- 404 Not Found: The requested resource could not be found but may be available in the future.
- 405 Method Not Allowed: The request method is not supported by the requested page. 406 Not Acceptable The client does not accept the response generated by the requested server.
- 407 Proxy Authentication Required: The client authentication with proxy is needed before receiving the content from requested page
- 408 Request Timeout: The requested page took too long to return the request, and the server timed out.
- 409 Conflict: Due to a conflict, the request was not processed.
- 410 Gone: The requested page used to exist, but not available anymore.
- 411 Length Required: The server will not return the request until "Content-Length" is not defined. 412 Precondition Failed The served deemed the precondition given in the request to be false.
- 413 Request Entity Too Large: If the content length of the requested page goes beyond the limit, the server will show this error and will not accept the request.
- 414 Request-URI Too Long: If a POST request is converted into GET request, the server rejects the request and shows this error.
- 417 Expectation Failed: The server could not complete the request as per the requirements.
The last error in question would surely be the Server Status code 500, the Internal Server Error. This error means your server is faulty, and you’ll need to talk to your webhost or system administrator to fix this issue.
How to Check Your Server Status?
Using our Check Server Status tool, you can plan your site building roadmap more efficiently and know which error your users might face and you’ll be able to build a website that generates good revenue.