Free Meta Tag Generator
Free Meta Tag Generator is an online tool that you can use to add search engine friendly titles, meta descriptions, meta keywords and more to your web pages. Using this meta tags SEO tool, it is now easy to optimize your web pages for search engines.
What are Meta Tags?
Meta tags are snippets of text that describe the content of a web page. They typically include information such as the page title, page description, keywords, document author, last modified, etc. Meta tags can be used by browsers to know how to display a web page’s content or by search engines to help decide which web pages are relevant to show users who have typed a certain search query.
How to use the Meta Generator Tool?
Our meta tags generator tool is easy to use and does not require any special computer skills. All you need to do is provide the following information and let it do its work:
- Site Title – Your page title is exceptionally important since search engines usually place significant weight on the page title when ranking pages.This is the link that will appear in search results. Ensure your title contains your primary keywords, is not more than 70 characters long and that every page has a unique title.
- Site Description – Meta descriptions tell search engines and people what your web page is about. Since many humans will see your meta descriptions in search results, ensure they read well to help improve your click through rates. Also, make sure your meta descriptions are not more than 150 characters in length.
- Site keywords – Though not very important nowadays, you can add a couple of the primary keywords used to describe your web page.
- Select Yes/No to allow/block robots from indexing your page.
- You can optionally set the number of days search engines should wait before re-visiting the page and also include the name of the page's author.
- After you click on the "Generate Metatag" button, you’ll be provided with the code that you should copy and paste into your web page.